Energy of the Week
This card carries the energy of joy, happiness, success, and enlightenment. It is total comfort in one's own skin. The boy riding the horse is completely naked and free, enjoying the blessing of his life under the sun and surrounded by sunflowers.
In the collective energy pull for the week (see podcast episode below), The Sun card came out in reverse, which can suggest sadness, lack of clarity or false impressions of reality. Sometimes we don't allow ourselves to fully experience joy due to blockages in our thinking or feelings of overwhelm and disharmony. It's important to get back in touch with the things that truly fulfill us to embody that playful, childlike attitude again.
How to address The Sun in its reverse position:
1. Examine what is holding you back from expressing yourself. How do you feel?
2. Identify the trauma or issue that has been triggered within you.
3. Are you overthinking a situation? Is your ego overpowering your ability to see things for what they are?
4. Once you've identified the problem, find a practical, grounded solution that brings your attention back into your body. (i.e. take a walk outside, watch a funny movie, play a sport or do a workout, do a mindfulness meditation, write a gratitude list)
5. Make a conscious effort to shift out of this energy after you've allowed yourself to do this processing and shadow work. Know that it will not last. No matter how bad it seems at the moment, the sun will always rise again.