Happy New Year Beautiful People!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, now that I've got you smiling, I want to apologize for having neglected you for so long. Really, it seems all my posts last year (can't believe it's 2012) were a collection of memories, tributes to our lost heroes and random sulking in deep poetry. I promise to do better! I have a new motto: We move on; we do better! So, now that you've forgiven me for being so aloof...and awkward, I'll start by updating you on what's been going on in my life--assuming you truly care. Just the basics though. A girl's gotta have a little mystery ;)
1. I'm in Miami trick!!! Haven't been home in almost a year, and this extended vacation was much needed! Los Angeles is great, but the city has a tendency to really weigh you down when the "hustle" consumes your existence! Ha! Plus I couldn't possibly go into the new year without some traditional Haitian soup joumou. That would be a sin.
2. I've learned to embrace that my friends need me, and I need them. And that's ok. We are nothing without each other. Can I get an Amen!?!
3. After publishing My Art, My Love inspiration had been a little scarce. But once I took a step back, I noticed it literally lived and breathed in every experience, every job, every broken relationship, every parking ticket, every casting call, every prayer group meeting, every hike, every late night therapy session, and even after every bottle of wine...I think you get the picture.
4. All that to say, the next book is a-comin' and I ain't stoppin'! *I'm definitely in my zone*
5. Marketing Coordinator for Stepping On A Few Toes, and incredible one-woman show by the talented writer/performer, Jasmynne Shaye! You don't want to miss her upcoming performance on January 26th at 8:00pm at the Whitefire Theatre in Sherman Oaks, CA. Tickets are $20 www.brownpapertickets.com
6. i.am.her Apparel update: Yes, the t-shirt collection was featured on the TV One show Love That Girl and worn by lead character Tatyana Ali!!!! If you didn't believe me when I said the shirts were hot, see for yourself .... www.iamheronline.com Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: iamherApparel And the best is yet to come.
7. I sang in a band for a few months....it was awesome!! Looking forward to picking things up again soon. Follow @marcielagomusic
8. As each day passes, I become more comfortable with loving "the process" and my journey, though unpredictable, is an absolute blessing!
Thanks for learning and growing with me!
Until next time....