Growth happens for us all whether we want it or not. We should expect varying levels of growth throughout our lives - physical, emotional, spiritual, mental, environment, circumstantial, financial. Of course, most stages of growth sprouts, like going through puberty or learning a new skill, happen to us automatically and inevitably. But the way we experience growth can range from total ease to gut-wrenching, heart-shattering, WTF-is-happening-to-me type of transformation where our responses can literally make or break us. When we are receptive, we are more likely to move in the direction of flow; when we are resistant, the process becomes a little more painful. So relax, and trust the process for real!
Building Awareness - Some Questions to Ask Yourself When Ready for Intentional Growth
- Openness -
1. How open is your heart to receiving new information, insight and guidance?
2. Are you willing to exercise trust and understanding in communication with others
or with new experiences?
3. Are you willing to see your reflection in others when it resonates?
(insecurities, strengths/weaknesses, ego)
4. How comfortable are you with unconventional learning and new paradigm thinking?
5. Are you willing to strengthen your intuition? It's there, you just have to tune in and listen.
6. Are you willing to try new techniques and commit to your path of growth, however it takes shape?
- Transparency -
1. How honest are you willing to be with yourself concerning the good, the bad, and the ugly?
2. How comfortable are you with being your authentic self in private or public?
3. Are you willing to make mistakes, privately or publicly to learn your lessons?
4. Can you get comfortable owning your shit, looking at yourself in the mirror, and sharing your personal story/truth with others?
5. Are you willing to be honest about what you truly want, and set your intentions as you gain clarity?
6. Are you willing to set boundaries with others in order to honor yourself first?
Some Things to Note When Experiencing Growth
*Feeling discomfort is normal and often necessary to shift from one state to another.
*Divine timing will always take precedence, even when manifesting.
*Others will notice, and you may not at first. Don't be hard on yourself.
*You will lose people, which will be hard. But you'll gain new connections. Nurture them!
*It's ok to not know how to feel or what to do at any given moment. It's normal. You're human.
*Clarity will come in doses, not all at once. So go ahead and collect those coins of wisdom!
*Self-Care enhances the process, keeps you spiritually grounded and in tune. Don't neglect it.
If this sounds like a waste of time to you, consider this: most people don't self-reflect or practice intentional living at all. A lot of us didn't grow up understanding how to value ourselves let alone observe our being-ness in this world from within. We were taught to seek outward validation from religion or family - whatever the source - it drew the focus away from internal awareness, self-discovery and power. That's why this work is so profound and yields beautiful results when established as a practice. Practice Openness & Transparency.
One of the most empowering things I've ever learned is that I have the power to change and transform by understanding my divine and timeless connection to mother nature and Spirit.
For me, the beauty lies in creating and designing the elements to maintain my unique relationship.
Peace & Blessings,