As 2018 comes to a close, most of us are using this time to not only reflect on insights we've gained through various obstacles and victories, but also to create new goals, habits, and adventures for our evolved selves. We want to manifest money, career, relationships, family, and trips around the world! Planning is now exciting as we step into the future with a greater sense of confidence and clarity. We have dug deep into our emotions and experiences in order to heal past wounds so that we may now emerge onto our fully realized and actualized paths. Although it's been an emotionally heavy year for us, we are stronger and better for it.
Here are some helpful activities/self-care rituals to help rid some of that remaining old energy:
1. Take an herbal bath. Light candles. Play some Sade (my personal favorite).
2. Meditate. Focus on deep breathing. Jason Stephenson has really peaceful, soothing sounds.
3. Take nature walks. In L.A., we have amazing art gardens and hiking trails. Or just walk around your neighborhood in gratitude.
4. Make gratitude lists. I use an app called Bliss that reminds me daily.
5. Set up lunch dates with friends you've been meaning to connect with. People underestimate the power of connection with another human being now that we are so digital. #positivevibesonly
6. Have a beach day! Grab a good book or journal and lie out on the sand while you listen to the waves. Breathe. Release and renew.
7. Declutter a room or area in your home. Have a glass of wine (or cup of tea) on deck.
8. LAUGH! Out loud with friends, at a movie or comedy show. At everything. At yourself. Seriously. Just laugh.
9. DANCE! Even if you're bad at it. Do it anyway.
10. Edit your social media feeds! You really don't need to be triggered by everything as you scroll. Give yourself a break by unfollowing or deleting what doesn't serve you on your journey so that you may clear up your headspace for the things you're actually passionate about. #eliminatedistractions
Wishing you peace and love,